What is a spouse visa in the UK?
The UK spouse visa allows non-EEA spouses to join their British or settled partners in the UK. The spouse visa is valid for 30 months and can be renewed for a further 30 months. After that, the applicants can then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
The UK Immigration Rules set out the criteria that must be met by those applying for a Spouse Family visa. Please see some of the requirements that must be met below:
- Have a genuine and subsisting marriage to a British citizen, a person present and settled in the UK;
- Intend to reside with your spouse/partner permanently in the UK;
- Have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependants;
- Meet the financial requirements (i.e. have enough money to support yourself, your spouse and any dependents without recourse to public funds);
- Attend the English language tests. The test, in English, will be with an approved Home Office test provider.
What is the financial requirement for a spouse visa in the UK?
Applicants are required to show that their Sponsor has an income of at least £18,600. However, for in-country applications, Applicants may rely on their income or combine their income with their Sponsors up to the limit of £18,600 each.
What is the English test for the UK spouse visa?
Applicants are required to pass an English language test a CEFR A1 level or above in speaking and listening and must provide a pass certificate.
Can you work in the UK on a spouse visa?
Migrants who have been endorsed under the UK spouse visa route can work without any restrictions. Migrants can work for an employer or be self-employed.
How can we help you submit a successful spouse visa application?
We pride ourselves on providing a personalized service that meets our clients’ needs.
We are motivated, dedicated, and thorough in providing simple and easy to understand immigration information in a very credible manner as part of a professional and friendly service.
To discuss your visa application with one of our Immigration Advisers, please contact us by chat or phone at +4420 3846 2808 or +4475 2190 3003.