A UK Fiancé(e) Visa allows a person who is settled in the UK to bring their future spouse to the UK to get married. The UK Fiancé(e) Visa is issued for 6 months, during which time the Applicant must marry. After the marriage, the Applicant will need to apply for an extension to remain in the UK.
The requirements you need to meet will vary depending on your circumstances. If in doubt, it is best to consult or speak to an Immigration Adviser for specialist advice.
To discuss your Fiancé(e) visa application with our immigration Adviser, please contact us by chat or if you prefer by phone at +44 20 3846 2808 or +4475 2190 3003.
Eligibility requirements for a Fiancé(e)e visa
The UK Immigration Rules set out criteria that must be met by those applying for a fiancé(e) visa in the UK. The requirements that need to be met include the following:
- Have a genuine and subsisting relationship with a British Citizen or a person present and settled in the UK and intend to marry or enter into a civil partnership within 6 months of being granted the fiancé(e) visa in the UK;
- Both are over 18 years of age on the date of application;
- Intend to reside with your partner permanently after marriage in the UK;
- Have suitable accommodation for you and your partner until the wedding and after you are married;
- Meet the minimum financial requirements (i.e. have enough money to support you and your partner without access to public funds);
- Meet English language requirements.
If you are granted a UK Fiancé(e)e Visa you will be allowed to enter the UK for 6 months, after which you can apply for a UK Spouse Visa.
Financial requirements for a Fiancé(e)e visa
The requirement is the financial requirement. Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the financial threshold of £18,600. The financial requirement may be met through salaried employment and or self-employment.
English language requirement for a Fiancé(e) visa
The English language requirement is Level A1 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR) for Fiancé(e).
How we can help you submit a successful Fiancé(e) visa application.
Our specialist immigration team prepares all UK visa and immigration applications accurately, ensuring that all relevant rules are met. In this application, we successfully guided the applicant through the spouse visa extension application process and prepared detailed legal representations which focused on how the applicant met each of the requirements of the Immigration Rules.
We are motivated, dedicated, and thorough in providing simple and easy to understand immigration information in a very credible manner as part of a professional and friendly service.
To discuss your visa application with one of our Immigration Advisers, please contact us by chat or phone at +4420 3846 2808 or +4475 2190 3003.